UPDATE 2012 - I updated the links below to point to the events happening for Halloween in Wilmington, 2012. Please be sure to leave a comment to let me know if I've missed something or if you would like to add an event. Happy Halloween!!
Wilmington loves spooky, scary Halloween events! Besides a lot of family friendly events, there are also super-scary, gory haunted houses around town. Here are some favorite events as well as some we've never ventured into before....
- Ghost Ship at the USS North Carolina Battleship - Our very own Battleship North Carolina gets tricked out for Halloween during this weekend event throughout October. Be ready to get spooked on the Ghost Ship! More info at http://www.battleshipnc.com/Events/GhostShip
- Batty Battleship's Halloween Blast - This not-so-scary event is ideal for the little ones. Come dressed in costume and ready to trick-or-treat on the Battleship North Carolina. Learn more at http://www.battleshipnc.com/Events
- Food and Fright Night - Friday Nights in October at TheatreNOW on 10th and Dock Streets in Downtown Wilmington. Bonus Show on Wed. Oct. 31 with "Dead Again" Karaoke after the show. More info at http://www.theatrewilmington.com/showsmoviesandspecialevents.html
- Trick or Treat Under the Sea - Mark your calendars for Wednesday or Thursday October 24 + 25, 2012 to join in the NC Aquarium's Trick or Treat under the Sea. This is a super-cool, non-scary event for kids that takes place after dark at the aquarium. Kids don their costumes and go trick-or-treating at booths decorated by area businesses. You can even vote on your favorite booth. More info at https://reservations.ncaquariums.com/fortfisher
- Halloween Horse Drawn Trolley - Ghost stories and a visit to a haunted barn! Take a family friendly ghost tour of downtown Wilmington. Learn more at http://www.horsedrawntours.com/id2.html
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides at Oakdale Cemetery - This sounds spooky but is geared for the whole family. Learn about the history of the Oakdale Cemetery and get in the spirit of Halloween! More info at http://www.oakdalecemetery.org/news.asp?id=21
- Panic Attack Haunted House - I'm not one for blood, guts, and gore, but if are, I think this might be the place for you: http://www.panicattackhaunt.com
- Lyceum Haunted House - Visit the Lost Tomb of Terror for creepy, crawly, scary Halloween fun. Plus, you'll behelping the Lyceum Academy raise money for educational trips and programs! Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/NHHSLyceumHauntedHouse